Urgent On The Day Appointments
IMPORTANT MESSAGE DO NOT attend the surgery if you have: flu/cold symptoms/fever/ a new persistent cough/hoarseness/shortness of breath/sore throat/ wheeze. See 111.nhs.uk or book a telephone appointment.
Following Public Health England guidance we have now implemented the following appointment system.
- For all urgent appointments, patients will have to ring at 8am on the day.
- You will also be asked a series of questions by the reception team to ensure you are being signposted to the appropriate pathway. This could be a face to face appointment or telephone consultation with one of our clinicians
- Please be advised if the GP feels a face to face consultation necessary, you will need to make yourself available on the day.
- This website is updated regularly with the latest information.
Please call 0116 2895081 to make an appointment
We have now increased the number of appointments that are available to be booked online. We have placed these appointments at various different times throughout the day and each GP working has appointments available to book with them. We have found that this is a very popular option for people who wish to book appointments around work and family commitments. If you wish to register for this service please collect the registration forms from reception.
If you have already registered for the service then please use the link at the top of this page to access the online booking system:
Getting the Best out of Engage Consult
• Please type in more than one word when submitting your issue. More detailed submissions save time and allow the Engage Consult Administrator to triage you much faster than one word entries.
• If you have consented to two way messaging on Engage Consult, you will receive a response from the surgery the same way. Please ensure you keep checking the software and read any messages, as this could tell you when an appointment has been made or your matter resolved.
• Please remember that Engage Consult is for non-urgent issues and appointments. Should you feel your concerns are urgent, please contact the practice directly.
We realise that it is not always easy for people who work to attend the surgery during our normal opening hours; we therefore offer bookable appointments with both nurses and GPs as follows:
Nurse appointments available 07:30 onwards on Monday and Friday mornings
GP appointments and telephone consultations are available Monday from 07:30 onwards and Tuesday and Friday from 18:30 until 19:30.
Whilst we encourage our patients to come to the surgery, where we have the proper equipment and facilities available, we do appreciate this is not always possible. In this respect, if you do need a home visit, you can help us by calling reception before 10:00am.
You may only request a home visit if you are housebound. Your GP will only visit you at home if they think that your medical condition requires it and will also decide how urgently a visit is needed. Please bear this in mind and be prepared to provide suitable details to enable the doctor to schedule house calls. The doctor will call you before making the visit to help with triage.
Cancel an Appointment
Do you need to cancel an appointment?
You can cancel your appointment online. Every appointment that you don't cancel costs the NHS £120.
If you are unable to use the online form it is important that you inform the reception staff, this will allow that appointment to be offered to another patient. If you fail to notify the Practice that you are unable to attend, you will be sent a text message informing you that you have defaulted from your appointment. Persistent defaulters may be removed from the list.
You are also able to email the surgery to cancel your appointment on firstname.lastname@example.org
If a patient is more than five minutes late for an appointment, they may not be seen. The Reception Team will check with a Clinician if they will still be able to see a patient, if they arrive between 5-10 minutes late. This is due to the reason that if a patient arrives late for their appointment, it pushes the Clinician behind their working schedule. This makes it unfair on patients who have arrived on time and for those requiring visits on that day. Any patient arriving over ten minutes late will not be seen and will have to re-arrange their appointment.
Clinicians do their best to meet the individual needs of patients within the time allocated. Unfortunately, this is not always possible depending on the complexity of the issue and may cause the Clinician to fall behind. Staff endeavour to inform waiting patients if this event occurs.
If you require an interpreter please notify reception when booking the appointment and they will arrange this for you.
Sign Up for SMS Reminders
We have a texting service which allows you to receive confirmation and reminders about your appointments.
To have this service you will need to register by completing a consent form.
Please remember to update your contact details with us when you change address, telephone numbers and email address.
You are entitled to request a chaperone for any appointment you wish. While you may attend with a friend or family member, these would be informal chaperones and you may wish for a formal, trained chaperone to be present in the case of an intimate examination. Our staff hosts many professionally trained chaperones who can be present in such circumstances. Should you wish to have a chaperone present during your appointment, please advise the clinician.